Skip to main content

A Compilation of authors reading for kids online! Yay!!

Jeanne Croteau (writer of all kinds of things) has compiled a list entitled:

The Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds & Activities



I haven't even managed to work my way through half of this list yet.  It's big.  Some of it is authors reading aloud their own novels, and some of them are reading aloud and sharing their favourite authors.  And half of the joy of reading is the SHARING of it.  And I love this list.

So head here to The Big List of Children's Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds & Activities.  I totally love the name of this list.  It's big and long and completely self-explanatory.

Particularly, please check out the following...

* Helene Boudreau has a cool 'Read and Draw' activity going on with her new book Mason & The Mega-Nauts.  It currently doesn't have illustrations and so kids can read the book, chapter by chapter if they wish and then literally draw what they are hearing.  I have done this kind of exercise with kids before and I completely love the engagement that goes on with drawing while listening.  Once the kids have done their drawings they can send them to the author - check it out, its very very cool!

Fabien Cousteau (Grandson of famed sea explorer Jacques Cousteau) has written a GRAPHIC NOVEL (written in capitals because I love comics) titled 'Journey Under the Arctic' and he read this aloud several days ago on the Atlantic White Shark Org Facebook page.  I know we have some avid GN readers at Waterloo School and I also know we have some boys in Years 2,3 and 4 who read all the shark books I have all of the time.  You have to find your way to the facebook page, log in and scroll down a few days.

* David Shannon - A Bad Case of Stripes (this book seems to have a long list of reserves placed on it at Waterloo) read by actor Sean Astin.  Click on the blue David Shannon and set it to You Tube.

Honestly there are so many more.  I'm going to post a couple of my favourite ones in a separate post but please check this out.


What better motivation to spend today reading away, tha...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All end of 2021 stories for your reading pleasure!

WEEK 10 STORIES - TULIP AND DOUG

Week 9 Stories for you to enjoy xx

MRS E'S ART!

Week 11 Matariki Stories